What information do we collect?
- Blanket Mermaids collects personally identifiable information from you when ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. For example by completing a “Contact Us” form, signing up for our email list, or leaving a comment, we may use that information to respond to your message and/or to help us get you the information or services you requested. Submitting this personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary. This information will be retained by Blanket Mermaids.
- Blanket Mermaids collects non-personally identifiable information about your activities when you visit our website.
- a. Internet Protocol (IP) Address. A computer’s IP address establishes its location on the internet and allows other computers, such as those hosting blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites, to send it content and other information;
- b. The internet domain name when a computer accesses the internet through a domain, such as from a corporation (“xcompany.com”) or university (“yourschool.edu”);
- c. The date, time, and duration of a website visit;
- d. If a computer accesses a page on blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites via a link on another page, the URL of that referring, non-blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites page;
- e. Information about the computer set-up, such as the type and version of web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 8.0, Mozilla Firefox 5.0), operating system (e.g., Unix, Mac OS, MS Windows), Java support (yes or no), Flash version (e.g., 10.1 r85), screen resolution (e.g., 1280×800), and connection speed (e.g., DSL, T1);
- f. The specific pages a computer accesses when it requests information from blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites; and
- g. The amount of data (measured in number of bytes) transmitted from blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites to a computer.Blanket Mermaids does not use this information to identify or track the browsing of individual users. We do use it to generate aggregate statistics about how blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites are used.
- h. Some pages on blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites may include web content or functionality from third parties, such as embedded videos hosted by non-blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites services. For example, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites pages:
- i. YouTube.com;
- ii. Vimeo.com;
- iii. Flickr.com;
- iv. SlideShare; and
- i. These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality. You should consult the privacy policies of these third parties for further information. We do not knowingly use third-party tools that place a multi-session cookie prior to the user interacting with the tool, for example by playing an embedded video.
How do you collect the information?
- Personally identifiable information is submitted by you into the forms on our websites.
- Blanket Mermaids uses a third-party analytics providers including but not limited to Google Analytics to analyze the data collected through the session and persistent metrics cookies to enhance the website, our services, and our advertising. The third-party analytics provider does not receive personally identifiable information through these cookies and does not combine, match, or cross-reference blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites information with any other information.
- Blanket Mermaids uses web measurement and customization technologies to make blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using the website.This means that when you visit a page on blanketmermaids.com or a partner site, the internet browser on your computer may download and save a small file (commonly called a “cookie”) so that our website can recognize your specific computer and browser when you use blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites in the future.These technologies fall into two categories, based on the length of time they remain active:
- a. Single-session cookies last only as long as a web browser is open. Once the browser is closed, the data files on your computer are deleted.
- b. Multi-session cookies last beyond a single session of browsing a website; this allows a website to recognize a computer or user for defined amount of time.
- blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites use the following web measurement and customization technologies
- a. Session cookies are used for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through the site, facilitating the use of user accounts, and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used.
- b. Persistent cookies are used to recognize a computer that has previously visited blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites, which can improve a user’s experience, for example by continuing preference settings from previous visits. blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites currently use the following first-party persistent cookies: When a visitor views a welcome, or ‘splash,’ page, also known as a “landing page” – blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites sets a persistent cookie to prevent them from seeing that page repeatedly. This cookie does not collect personal identifying information. blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites sets other persistent cookies to measure website metrics, such as which pages are popular and how often people visit the website. These cookies do not collect personal identifying information.
What control does the customer have over their personal information?
- You can unsubscribe from our email list by clicking the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of any email communication we send you. If you want us to remove all personal information – including name, email, mailing address please contact info[at]imsable.com with your request to delete your profile.
- You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use our site. Before blocking cookies – we highly recommend reading why cookies are good here:http://blog.hubspot.com/in-defense-of-tracking-cookies. http://lifehacker.com/5461114/fact-and-fiction-the-truth-about-browser-cookies.
- You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers here.To opt-out of Facebook advertising visit –https://www.facebook.com/help/146952742043748 To opt-out of Google advertising visit –https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ To opt-out of Perfect Audience advertising visit – http://ib.adnxs.com/optout
How do you protect the information?
- We take reasonable precautions to protect our site and information automatically collected by blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites or voluntarily submitted to blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites. For example, we restrict access to information collected by or submitted to blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites to employees who access it to perform their duties. Access to Blanket Mermaids accounts on third-party sites is limited to the staff who administer those accounts.
- We also utilize commonly used practices and technical controls to protect this information, along with blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites itself. These practices and controls include, but are not limited to, encrypting the transfer of personal information over the Internet via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), using high-strength firewalls and intrusion detection systems (IDS) to safeguard personal information and maintaining strict technical controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of all data on blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites. We periodically review our processes and systems to verify compliance with industry best practices and ensure the highest level of security for our website.
- Children and Privacy on blanketmermaids.com and our partner sites. We believe in the importance of protecting the privacy of children online and do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13. To notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org